The flashlights sold on this website can produce very powerful and concentrated beams of light. This light is bright enough to cause permanent eye damage when misused. Do not shine any flashlight purchased from this website (www.TakLite.com), or from any TakLite distributor, directly into the eyes of another person or animal.
Most TakLite lithium-ion rechargeable batteries. When handled with care, lithium-ion batteries can be both effective and safe. However, these lithium-ion batteries do have the potential to be dangerous when abused and can cause a fire when misused. It's extremely important to take special care when handling any lithium-ion battery.
Please read the brief list below to avoid personal injury, fire or damage to batteries:
Consumers are cautioned against using and/or purchasing counterfeit and/or inferior quality batteries. These batteries have the potential to cause fire, personal injury, and/or damage to property. These batteries are typically found on online-auction websites or from other retailers and are known to pose a potential safety risk.
Do not use these counterfeit and/or low quality batteries with any TakLite flashlight or TakLite provided charger.
TakLite batteries are manufactured according to strict quality standards which provides for consistent and dependable performance. TakLite strongly warns customers against purchasing these knock-off/low quality batteries. TakLite recommends to only purchase batteries from reputable brands approved by TakLite. Reputable battery brands we recommend (in addition to our own line) can be found below:
Rechargeable Lithium-Ion (18650, 26650, 16340):
*TakLite strongly recommends ONLY using Lithium-Ion batteries which are equipped with PCB Protection Circuits
Non-Rechargeable Primary Lithium (CR123A):
*TakLite strongly recommends ONLY using American manufactured CR123A Batteries (Duracell® or Energizer®)
Battery Handling Notice
Disposable lithium CR123A batteries and rechargeable lithium-ion batteries (like the ones used by TakLite flashlights and chargers) can explode, release flames, and/or cause burns if disassembled, punctured, cut, crushed, short-circuited, incinerated, recharged, or exposed to water, fire, or high temperatures.
To ensure optimal safety and performance:
• DO NOT attempt to recharge your CR123A batteries. These batteries are not meant to be recharged and can explode or cause harm if one attempts to recharge them. These batteries must be safely recycled once depleted.
• DO NOT allow children to handle rechargeable Lithium-Ion batteries or Primary CR123A batteries.
• DO NOT use counterfeit or inferior-quality batteries with TakLite flashlights or chargers. Use only TakLite-brand batteries purchased from TakLite.com or from established, well-known manufacturers, like those listed above.
• DO NOT place loose batteries in a cup-holder, pocket, purse, or any receptacle containing metal objects. These metal objects can interact with the exposed contacts of a battery and potentially short circuit the battery.
• DO NOT store batteries with hazardous or combustible material. Store in a dry and ventilated area.
• ALWAYS keep batteries away from children.
TakLite™ EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF TITLE, INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE IN RELATION TO ANY AND ALL GOODS OR SERVICES PROVIDED.